Originally Posted by FatCity67
Some of the most worthwhile people I know were unable to conceive. Some of the most worthless chitbags have lots of bastard puppies.

Fact. Two of the guys I grew up with managed to sire 13 offspring between them, at last count. That was years ago. I'm sure there are more now. 10 different mothers. Want to guess how many of those ghetto spawn kids they supported? Yeah.

Beeg Jeem, no sweat. I figured you didn't mean anything by it.

I don't know why some of the pics aren't showing but a couple of them are 'WWI Journals in Pictures'. Most from 1914-1915. Guys with feathers in their helmets and crazy get-ups in general. The 'Quattro' is a ship's papers of the whaling bark Palmetto out of New Bedford, MA from 1875. It's called a quattro because it's written in 4 languages (English, Dutch, Spanish and Portuguese). It is signed by Ulysses S. Grant, who was POTUS at that time. The description on it is of a ~ 2.5 YEAR voyage to the Azores and other places where they hunted whales.

I have pictures I found in an archive of that very vessel. Living history stuff. That other handwritten document from 1780 is an inspection report of a command under Colonel Peter Gansevoort of the NY 2nd of the Continental Army. It has notations on how many horses, muskets, powder, POWs (1 at the time wink ) and whatnot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Gansevoort

In the notes at the bottom, the inspector describes the clothing of the men being somewhat shabby, but better than their counterparts. Also notes that the men were in good spirits and would take to song at quiet times in camp. The word he used to describe said music? 'Tolerable'. Funny stuff.