Originally Posted by granitestate1
When I bought most of my lapua brass for my 6.5X55 it was $69.99 per 100 and free shipping, and that was not that long ago maybe 5 years plus. I also have some pretty neat wildcats based on that case IE: 6X55 and also a 22X55 which are stellar. Just an FYI the 6.5 Creedmoor is based of of the Thompson Centre 30 cal called the 30 TC. It looks identical to a 308 that is why it never took off just like the 6.5 CM looks just like a 260 Remington only the Creedmoor had a catchy name and better marketing.
The 260 Remington is a great cartridge especially for hunting. It had nothing to do with a name or marketing. Remington shot themselves in the foot with slow twist barrels that couldn’t take advantage of the long heavy for caliber bullets. That and being a longer case with more body taper longer bullets didn’t fit mag boxes with those longer bullets without seating it further into the case and limiting powder capacity. The 260 Remington also has a shorter neck that doesn’t play as well seating long bullets. Remington is solely to blame for the 260 Remington not taking off.