Originally Posted by hanco
What will a Creed do that a 6.5-06 won’t do better? Asking for a friend.

As mentioned earlier, I have owned rifles for several 6.5 rounds, including the 6.5x54mm Mannlicher-Schoenauer, 6.4x54mm Mauser (a real obscure one), 6.5 Creedmoor, .260 Remington, 6.5x55, .264 Winchester Magnum, 26 Nosler, 6.5-.300 Weatherby Magnum and--yes!--the 6.5-06.

My 6.5-06 was a medium heavy-barreled E.R. Shaw, and VERY accurate, regularly putting three 140-grain Berger Hunting VLDs in three inches at 600 yards. I hunted with it some, for everything from varmints to deer-sized game, and it killed them fine. But I had to handload for it.

Have also owned more than one factory 6.5 Creedmoor that was just as accurate, and not only with handloads but factory ammo. Have killed deer-sized game with them just as far as I ever did with the 6.5-06--both with factory ammo and handloads. The Creedmoors kicked less, though the 6.5-06 was by no means a hard kicker. But if you want to practice a lot at longer ranges, lighter recoil does help, and so does longer barrel life, another advantage of the 6.5 Creedmoor over the 6.5-06.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck