Originally Posted by 43Shooter
Agreed on the "barleycorn" type iron sights on most Mausers. I'd say it's best feature is toughness. Glad the Swedes used the blade type front sight with the u shaped notch in the rear sight on their Mausers. IME it's a lot easier to shoot accurately.

Also agreed on the Mojo sight. I had them on a Yugo Mauser and an SKS, big improvement.

I forget what manufacture I went with on my SKS, but it works well. I much prefer the rear aperture on some rifles. Even if it is just a simple one like this. I believe the Mojo sight is placed closer to the eye, so it may be better than this insert. This one is so simple to add to your rifle though and it works well enough on the SKS:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I was pretty happy with these results, even though it doesn't look really impressive. I was happy. Sometimes it doesn't take much to make me happy. ha ha..

I do agree with you though, the factory sights on the m96 work well. I was shooting mine just as well as I did with the new aperture sight. The guys at the club kind of gave me a hard time about the Solderin rear sight, but I tell them it doesn't shoot that much better, it just makes adjusting POI with different loads 10 times easier..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA