Originally Posted by mjbgalt
So after all the drama and rumors have settled, what's the ruling on this one? Not a problem to reload for? Bullet diameters that have been proven to work best?

Thinking I want a Henry single shot but the 357 is rare and I can get my hands on a 350 easily enough.

Any reason why I wouldn't just do that?

My take on the matter is that it wouldn’t matter to me if it was tricky to load, as long as I could get enough good factory ammo to hunt and practice with. Used to hunt in a shotgun-only area, and no one I knew loaded slugs, they just bought ‘em. Now, slugs, at least the fancy-schmancy ones are very expensive, hard to get, and often get discontinued and replaced with the next new thing, leaving everyone using them back on square one. I could more easily deal with buying some factory for one hunting rifle than that nightmare.

I would however, also add the .450 and maybe the .45/70 to the list of Henrys to be considered, if you can still take a beating😱. I’m out of the heavy recoil business, except for some shotgunning.

BTW, my new .357 did pretty well this morning with some ammo loaded for my S&W. Even better, the old K4 dialed like a champ.

What fresh Hell is this?