Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
A friend of mine had used his Savage 220 to kill some nice bucks. I’d have no problem hunting with one if that’s what I had. I have hunted a bunch with my 12 gauge H&R Trophy Slugster. It’s very accurate with Federal Premium Barnes Expander all copper slugs. The big difference beside the recoil is the cost of ammo. Premium sabot slugs are going for $4-$6 a pop. If you watch the Walmart shelves you can find 350 Legend hunting ammo for $24 for a 20 round box. 145 grain FMJ is $13 a box. You can also get an accurate bolt rifle for $400-$500. 3 years ago I bought a 350 Legend upper for my AR from Bear Creek Arsenal for $240 shipped. But that was before Biden and Covid.

Ron

Yeah, cost differential for ammo is massive for anything "slug" compared to .350 Legend. Hand in hand with that is ammo availability.

The Legend is a really good round to meet the requirements it was developed under. Companies have done a good job producing ammo for it. I'm not pushing it but have to give credit for it's development and follow up of companies making guns and ammo for it. Lot's of cartridges get introduced where there really isn't a "need" and they may or may not make it. This one was developed for a specific role and it's filled it well.