Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude
when I bought my T3 Superlite 7 Mag at the Hamburg, PA in 2016, another guy was buying another Tikka right beside me, and same counter guy doing paperwork for both of us, started to put his name on my 4473! about 4 letters in he stops, squints at the computer, and lines out the start of that guy’s name! He then fills my 4473 out, I do my part, sale is complete, I leave all smiles. About 3 weeks later I get an urgent call from Cabelas to please call them back. WTF? I call them, sales manager says my 4473 was flagged as a potential straw purchase, and I might have to come in to refill another one out. Ummm, are you going to pay me gas money for your screw up? I live 2 hours and 15 minutes from you!!! Next day counter dude calls me, says after they were notified by BATF about a possible sketchy 4473, he checked the date, pulled the sales info, and explained the reason for the “almost wrong name” was his screw up! Well gee thanks man! No way I wasn’t coming home from an extra trip without gas money or some free gear. Maybe that guy works at the one Oldelkhunter got the wrong rifle from!

Doc_Holidude

Pictures and serial number on pictures were accurate , they had the cartridge listed as a 270 Winchester .