Originally Posted by Boxerdog
I think cabelas and bass pro are in a tough spot. Most of your top of the line hunting gear can now be bought on line…. Doesn’t fit? Send it back for free for new size.

Looking for a certain rifle… gunbroker

Times have changed and the big box store model that’s got a large overhead for a large store sort of isn’t a sustainable model.

I dunno. Chicken or the egg? For my part, I know I stopped going and looking online because they no longer had stuff I wanted to buy, and that started about the time rumors of the BPS buyout began. Used to buy all my pants and shirts from their website, plus other gear as well. Several times me and my family travelled for hours to visit the store in person. I think, like Reagan and the Democrat Party, they left me. Now Amazon and sometimes Sportsmans Guide and Midway, are getting that business.if I want the mega-gunshop experience, I’ll toodle on down to Greentop, or hit Clark Bros. in Warrenton for the mini-mega version.

Similar experience with Gander Mountain. They went nationwide with retail stores, with two nice ones nearby. Someone bought them out and fugged them up. Both those GM stores did a steady business until the buyout.

What fresh Hell is this?