Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I had a utah highway patrol guy pull me over once because he thought the tint on my impala ss with idaho plates looked too dark for Utah standards. I was down there visiting for the weekend and believe he racially profiled me and pulled me over because my impala ss looked like a drug dealers car and was booming some hip hop music. I know that's worthy of the death penalty to some here but being narrow minded was never a strength of mine. I have a broad variety of tastes hince the redneck looking dude in the gangsta looking v8 impala. Cop was surprised to see a big blond haired idaho redneck with hunting regulations on the passenger seat amd a legit ccp so he had to make up a reason for the stop. He said this tint isn't legal in Utah. I said I don't live in utah and 35% front side windows are legal in idaho.

He wrote me a fix it ticket that stated I had to completely remove the tint from the front windows of my idaho car because I drove it in Utah. I was supposed to get the tint removed, have another police officer sign off on it, and then mail it back to them or I'd have to go back down to go to court. Luckily I had a cop friend in idaho who isn't a jack booted thug that just said here let me sign it.

Bb

I've been through this with cops in Arkansas. If its legal in the state which it is licensed, it is legal to travel through other states in. That cop was a jack-wagon.