Originally Posted by Lee_R
I don't want to derail this thread, but there are lots of intelligent opinions here and I think my question might be related. Given the 2A win this week and the EPA win that might impact the overreach of the other 3-letter agencies (specifically the ATF), does anyone have any insight as to what they expect could/might happen with the upcoming ATF decision regarding AR pistols that was supposed to come out this month or next?

Thanks in advance.

Been wondering on that. As near as I can ascertain the current working definition of ‘pistol’ includes a barrel less than 16” and an overall length 26” or less. I’m not sure that is included in the NFA. If it is not, and the ATF is using their own expansion of what is written, then Congress will have to establish the parameters defining “pistol”. I do know the ‘short barreled rifle’ definition and inclusion in controlled weapons is questionable as far as original intent. These dimensions allow departmental interpretation of what is a pistol and what is a SBR to begin with.

All this and more add up to confusion about what is a pistol, what is a SBR, and what arms can be equipped with a brace without running afoul of ATF’s interpretation. And more bigly are these ‘interpretations’ subject to ATF definitions or subject to strict adherence to the 2nd Amendment.

Last edited by shootem; 07/01/22.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."