Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
As I've related many times, in the 50s, Swift & Co gave away the "trim" bits which even included ribs. In the part of Illinois between Belleville and East St Louis, almost every intersection had a cinderblock and window screen BBQ joint run by some older Black man and featuring ribs and snoots. Those old men cooked trim over hickory wood low and slow, and you would roll your eyes back at the first taste of it. St Louis style BBQ is hickory smoked with a thick, sweet tomato sauce applied heavily before, during, and after cooking.

For employees like my Dad, ribs, tongue, calf brains, kidneys, liver, cheeks, and pork snoots were free for the taking. He never did bring home any snoots (that's noses for the snobbish among you) but I grew up on all the rest of that. I genuinely pity anyone who who has such food aversions that they turn their snoots up at such fare. You really have no clue at what you are missing.

And yet many who claim to not be snooty turn theirs up at hot dogs.

Ewwww....they put tongues and snoots in those things!
Azzholes too!

That can't be true. As many hot dogs as are produced, if it were true there couldn't possibly be that many here at the 'fire.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.