Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Are you really as dog ignorant as you seem? Animal aggression in a hound mix is the norm. It does not translate in any way to human aggression. Dog's, raised by human beings, are under the impression that they themselves are human beings, or that human beings are dogs, i.e., they believe that we are the same species as they, which is why they can "join our pack" and live among us

Had a Cocker that would chase my son when he ran, nock him down and nip at his ear lobes. One day my young daughter was sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor. She was twirling a tupperware cover on the carpet with her finger, swinging her head so her long hair was swishing around. Cocker was sitting next to her, looking at her like he was in a trance. Wife called me into the kitchen, she didn't like the look in the Cockers eyes. Just as I entered the doorway the cocker lunged at our daughter, bit her on her cheek. Dog never showed agression towards my daughter prior to the attack, he never got another chance to show agression towards anyone................................................

Hate to say it, we've recently had two people killed by Pits. One was an older gentelman out for an evening jog, the other was an infant. The owners of both dogs swore the Pits never showed agression. Both dogs were "family" dogs.

Looks like your theory kinda clashes with reality.
Deviance from the norm in no way disproves the norm. For example, it's normal for children to love their parents. From time to time, however, children murder their parents. Shall we take from this that it is the nature of children to murder their parents? I have not claimed that no dog ever turned on its human family. Cockers are particularly known for this. All that I said was that aggression towards animals is no indicator of a tendency for aggression towards people. There is a zero correlation between the two phenomena.