Originally Posted by jorgeI
I've had a few other brands that have never lost zero or fail to track for a lot less money, a lot less. For example a Swaro PH 1.5x6X42 (same as the S&B) do exactly the same for less, then so have my (no longer manufactured ) Leupold (the horror) 1.75X6X 32 for a LOT less. Granted the S&B's glass is much better, but not at four times the price which is my point. Hell, I have some forty plus year old Weavers that I've never touched the adjustments. My only point is Swaros and many other Euroglass are just not worth the money. Most of their price has to do with labor coasts of course.

They are worth the $$ to many of us. I'm the first to admit that there is a diminishing return cost/benefit on optics. This is true for riflescopes, binoculars, spotting scopes and rangefinders.
But if you have to have the very best, and you are spending serious $$$ on hunting, it's worth it. S&B scopes have served me very well over the years.

The money I have spent on hunts (fees, travel, hotels, meals, taxidermy etc.) have far exceeded my equipment costs. My equipment is twenty years old and been on a lot of hunts. I only paid for it once. smile

Last edited by mrmarklin; 07/21/22.