Originally Posted by dave7mm
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
The point of the original post was S&B's missing a measured FFP hunting reticle in a scope that should have it. I should have stayed on point.
I've been using them for a very long time.
I was pretty shocked when they upped there eye relief from 3.15 to 3.6. that was 20 years ago.
They just don't respond to the market. I've talked to the guys in Virginia. The home office has been told what would fly off the shelf here.
You don't see it .
And you probably won't.
It's just the way they roll.
The fixed 10x PMII is excellent if you can live with ,10 power..
I've taken a shine to the fixed 8x56.
But then I'm not clicken and dicken.

Dave

They do pay attention to the market, but S&B is not a very large company and they take their time.
I did ask them whether they plan to offer this model in FFP, but there are currently no plans to do so. That having been said, I still plan to test this one and I should be able to do so toward the end of the year. I think they are supposed to hit the market around SHOT Show of thereabouts, but I have a mule deer and elk hunts in November, so I am scheming to get one here in time for that.

I would also prefer it in FFP, to be honest, but as is, it caught my interest because it is notably lighter that typical from S&B. I really want to see how well they pull it off.

As far as whether they will ever make something like this in FFP, I would not discard it right out of hand. I think they can be persuaded if the market is there. Once I have it in my hands, and if I like the scope, I will look into it a little bit and see if I can make a good argument for them. Personally, I think the crossover market is there. A good example of that is the success of Vortex Razor HD-LHT 4.5-22x50.

ILya