Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by RPN
The March FML is pretty good for a hunting FFP reticle.

On low power it just looks like a tapered duplex, and the graduations start being useable at around 6-7 power. I can't imagine a situation where I'd want to hold on the reticle with the scope set at lower power, so it works well for me.

I've thought about the March D24V42FIML several times. I'd like to spend some time with one. No idea how robust they are....the question of if they can take a beating is my main concern. At any rate, the FIML reticle looks really good to me for a FFP hunting reticle:

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the March scopes taking a beating; they are built for the long haul. The 3-24X42 is a superb little scope weighing in under 22 ounces and it's solid.

I like to tell my story with my first March scope that I bought almost 10 years ago. I mounted it on my F-TR rifle and it went to over 100 monthly matches, over 20 regional and state multi-day matches, 7 nationals and a couple of World competition. It saw countless hotel rooms, one major drop and other incidents. It still looks pristine and is now on my backup F-TR rifle. I sent it back to Japan to change the reticle because my eyesight decreased over time, and they sent it back within 3 weeks with the new reticle. The March scopes are hand built for the long haul.