Originally Posted by funshooter
How are they going to tax it when you can grow it in your own backyard.

OH Wait it is the Gooberment and in some States they Tax the rain water that falls from the sky...

And why the "war on drugs" is never going to end is because there will always be "Revenuers" to enforce the tax laws. Just look at the sheer amount of money spent by our dear friends who enforce taxes on alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and the methods they go to.

Growing it in your backyard will be "legal", but if you "share" and don't pay your taxes on it, they will penalize you.

Absolutely no difference than making beer & wine or running a still in your house. There is a tax scheme to control it and plenty of folks to enforce it. They just choose not to "investigate" those who are producing small batches. If you were to start sharing your bounty, someone with a chip on their shoulder will dime you out and you get a visit from the tax boys.

Federal excise tax amounts on alcohol-containing beverages is based on the amount of actual alcohol present, thus beer has a lower tax per ounce than whiskey. I wonder if some bright(?) individual will do the same in regards to THC levels in commercial products?
Who knows what schemes they have in mind, but you can bet it isn't in your best interest.

Personally, I think this is a move to garner more votes for Democrats and allow multi-million dollar investments in the weed business by Congress-critters before anyone else. There's billions to be made and those leeches get first shot at it.

Folks are going to drink, use dope, use tobacco, or any other physiologically altering substance no matter what is legal or illegal.

Just my $0.02,

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell