Congratulations on moving closer to family. A guy could do a lot worse than retiring to Idaho. I hope that your retirement is relaxing and the great times spent with your family are endless. I think that moving from Alaska to Idaho would be a lot less culturally shocking than moving from Alaska to most any other state, except maybe Wyoming or Montana. We thought real hard about moving to Idaho several years back but it’s not far enough away from liberal politics of California, Oregon and Washington. The disease of liberalism is at pandemic levels on the west coast and there’s no (legal) vaccine available. Idaho is a great state with great people which, for now, is about the only hedge against the insanity of the liberal agenda. Strong, like minded conservatives that coalesce to form an unwelcoming and impenetrable barrier to liberals and their diseased attitudes.

All my life I’ve been trying to find a way to drop out of society down here and start over with a simple and quiet existence up north. The same thing pulling you to Idaho is the same thing keeping me stuck down here…..family. Taking care of aging parents, raising great kids and my wife’s career…doing what she’s always wanted to do for the company she’s always wanted to do it for are my excuses. If it wasn’t for my dad who is living with my brother not far from us and her mom who is living with us we’d be cashing out our equity here and living comfortably in Alaska. I’ll keep dreaming and I’ll keep planning for the day I can break ties with Washington for good. Until that day comes I’ll continue to work on earning my place so that one day I’ll have the privilege of retiring to The Last Frontier.

I wish you many happy years of retirement filled with the love of family and the great memories that come from doing it right.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~