Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The OP wrote, "But I only need one for portable work or maybe to run a freezer in a short power outage." That means he is not looking for a full-house, long duration power supply. Neither of his needs requires much over 1000 watts of power. Yes, a bit more is better so the unit does not run at max throttle all the time. Nor does he need the highest quality brand available.

I replied with what I thought met his needs and his request: a lower to mid-range inverter machine from Harbor Freight.

cv540, if we looked through your stuff, we wouldn't find a single item that's made in China?

I have become more aware of what I buy since China has become more obvious of what their intentions are. I have not knowing bought anything made in China in years, and bitch if I find my wife has.
It starts with us. We have the choice to use discretion when purchasing, especially if it is a larger ticket item that costs hundreds of dollars.
I cannot stomach the idea that in making a purchase I am financially supporting a Chinese government that I believe we will be at war with in my lifetime or my children's lifetime.

If you can justify doing it to save a few bucks that is your choice.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington