I've had a Honda 1000i generator for 10 years to power a small camper with no A/C. Performance has been flawless. I purchased a China Freight generator that only ran once and then refused to start. I tried to get parts for it but NOTHING was available from Hobo Freight. I finally was able to cross reference a carburetor from Amazon but no other parts were available anywhere. I wanted a small generator for back up at the house. The Honda and Yamaha generators were equal in price which was double the cost of the numerous other brands recommended on the Fire. I purchased 2 WEN generators because everyone raved about them. Using the link provided on the Fire recommendation I thought I was buying from Amazon . In 2 days the 2 generators shrink wrapped on a pallet were dumped off at my front door. Upon examination both boxes had been dropped before shrink wrapping and the corners and the sides were caved in. I called Amazon and was told that they were purchased from WOOT but shipped from Amazon service center 10 miles from my house. WOOT said to contact WEN in Carrolton TX. Numerous calls and emails went unanswered. I finally used the automated return service feature on WOOT. Printed off a prepaid a UPS return label, stuck it on the pallet and called UPS to pick it up. UPS would not pick up the package so I set a pick up with TFORCE Freight which was the surface freight division of UPS. TFORCE picked up the pallet. 2 weeks later I got an invoice from TFORCE for $2478.94. After researching WEN, Powermate, Generac, etc. and reading numerous negative reviews I purchased a Honda generator. Twice the cost but parts and sevice are available.
My question to WEN, Generac, Predator, Firman, A-ipower, etc. how is parts availability, warranty claims and customer support?