Originally Posted by kaywoodie
In all honesty, I hated school. From the very first day of first grade until high school graduation.
It was assigned, so I did it.

Should have graduated in summer of my Junior year, but had to take one class in first semester of senior year as my GPA was 1/2 point below what "they" decided was the qualifying point to take that extra class my junior year.

Somewhere in my mess, I have the report cards from K-3 grades. Already there were excellent and above average marks for scheidt I deemed worthy of my effort............and failures for crap I didn't enjoy and things like paying attention in class, being a good classmate, blah blah blah.

The nuns said I wasn't applying myself and that I was a disturbance at times. Nowadays I think they call it "he's somewhere on the Spectrum"

When I got to college, I mostly liked school as I could study what I wanted............except they still made me take "personal development" and fine arts classes. Argumentation and Native American Art filled those so I wasn't completely unhappy.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?