The difference is YOU can't tell the difference. You demands are low. I'm much like you, 75 set in my ways, frugal, don't turn turrets, don't think I need the capabilities shoot game in the next county. Most scopes in the lower price range will do a good job for you.

I'm a coyote hunter, more than avid, I usually kill coyotes in five states some years. Most of my coyote rifles shoot flat enough to hold on fur to 300 yards and if they don't they don't go out in country that offers shots that long. $500 would be a very expensive scope for me in fact I don't think I've ever spent that much on one. I've never lost a coyote due to having a low cost scope on the rifle, my Konus 1.5-6x42 works just as well as my Meopta 1.5-6x42. In 55yrs of shooting scopes I've only broken one scope and at the time it was a pretty good American made scope, it was repaired and has been on one of my rifles for 30 yrs now.

Legal hunting is not interpretive, it is set by the state. He stated what is legal in his state.

Last edited by erich; 08/14/22.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders