Originally Posted by Seafire
Since I'm the only person that use my scopes, I have one requirement... I CAN SEE out of them...

my eyes sight has always been far from perfect.... and I keep shots to 250 yds or under most of the time...

I've hunted far Northern MN for a number of years just south of International Falls...Problem up there was it was real cold frequently, so a real pain was breathe over your scope and it iced the glass over instantly....

other than that, when I picked up a scope, If it allowed me to be able to see out of it clearly enough to 250 yds....I used it...

and a lot of those were Tascos... Usually $69.00 World Class, but they consistently served me well....

which since I am the only guy pulling the trigger, I'm just fine with it.. even if others think I am a peasant with what I have...
My neighbor up the road is a snobby bastard. He claims to be a former Maine hunting guide and won't hunt with anything but Zeiss or Swarovski scopes on his custom rifles. He made it pretty plain that he thought little of my Weaver and Leupold scoped factory rifles when he first moved here but since then I have consistently dragged more and bigger bucks out of the woods than he has and I've made it a point to remind him of that fact more than once. The only thing that matters is dead meat on the ground and I couldn't care less what some snob thinks of my equipment. It works for me and the proof is on the meat pole year after year.