Originally Posted by Blacktail53
My RAR is an older rotary version in .223.
It usually wears a SWFA 3x9 MQ.
I replaced the trigger with a Timney.
The darn thing shoots everything I’ve ever loaded into nice tiny groups. I modified a magazine to take longed loads and have pretty much settled on the 68gr bthp as my go-to.
I was able to get a compact stock for it, for the grandkids when they are ready.

I then bought a Tikka T3X SL in .223 with the 8” twist.
It’ll group the 60gr V-Max very well - but key holes the 68gr bthp and 75gr A-Max even at 25 yards!! 😲
Obviously I have more work to do on it, but I’m pretty damn disappointed in it so far and will keep a tight grip on that old RAR….

Why have you not contacted Beretta yet about your ill Tikka? Seems pretty lame to me. My 8 twist 22-250 does just fine with 77's. Something is wrong with the barrel on yours. Send the fugger back and quit messing around with it. Also, why waste your time with 60gr v-max when the 53's have a better bc? Come on guys.. Now, on the RAR. They are cheap. The QC is not great. They tend to be accurate, but are lacking in build quality. Some I've seen have really rough chambers and crowns. As an example: One of my buddies has had to send 2 back for issues. They don't feed great either. Not my cup of tea at all. They are a cheap truck gun at best..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA