Originally Posted by zcm82
I had a Ranch in 300 Blackout (STANAG model) for a few years. It was a nice little rifle for the price. It handled very slick, feed and extraction were decent, the trigger wasn't bad, and it was reasonably accurate. Not a tack driver, but it was a 1.25-1.5MOA rifle with all the bullets I worked up loads for, which was fine for me at the distances I was using it at.

I just wish it would have had iron sights. I thought about having a front ramp put on and using a NEGC rear, but a friend ended up making me an offer I couldn't refuse on it, so it's his toy now.

If they’d make the Ranch Model in 7.62x39 with iron sights, maybe like the ones they put on the Mini-14 and Mini-30, I’d buy another.
I’ve already got one in that caliber with a scope on it. It uses the Mini-30 magazines and is accurate even with the cheap Russian ammo. Great little hog rifle.
I’ve owned 4 other Ruger American Rifles. All have been sub 1” guns, and most would shoot 1/2” 5 shot groups with handloads.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/14/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~