I'm wondering about some proper Classifieds etiquette and Covid.

Over the past two weeks, I have purchased two firearms off of internet classifieds. One muzzy off another forum and a rifle off of thisforum. I do some custom metal and craft work in my (not so) free time and really have to sacrifice time away from my young family to be able to raise the extra funds for such purchases.

I do understand my concern is insensitive to their sickness situation.

Here's the situation... Both sellers of these firearms unfortunately tested positive for Covid before they could get the firearm I paid for in the mail. One was electronic payment and I requested a refund until he could get the firearm shipped. No problem. The other was paid for with a postal money order so If the seller (which seems like a true gentleman that I have absolutely nothing negative to say towards) can't get to the PO ever, I'm out the funds. Note: the transaction for the rifle here went very smooth by the way and I have the rifle in my possession. I'm still waiting on the muzzy to be shipped.

right, wrong or indifferent, here is how I've addressed the situation. Similarly to both but requesting the seller needing to use a PO money order make contingency plans with those around them to please make sure they know to either ship the rifle or refund should Goodness forbid the virus takes a bad turn for them.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I guess I am posting this for awareness as well and maybe it is a conversation we should have in todays world. I personally don't think the seller should have a problem with this. I know I certainly wouldn't if the situation were reversed. I think though that maybe these quick "I'll take it" purchases might need a bit more conversation, patience and dialog on both sides.

What say you?

Thanks,

Todd

Last edited by Justahunter; 08/15/22.