I’m trying to get excited about the moose hunt I’ve had planned for a year now. Deaths in the family and other catastrophes have put a damper on my enthusiasm. My hunting partner had a health emergency and had to drop out on me, he’s still sending camp down for me and got all the groceries together and I’ve talked my dad into going with me. We’re going to make the best of it and hopefully have a good trip. It’ll be good to have an adventure with the old man.

I’ve made some progress getting my clothes and gear together. Still on the fence about which rifle I’m taking, have the 35 Whelen, 270Wby, and a 30/06 all zeroed and waiting with their ammo,, probably end up being a last minute decision.

Hunting a 50”/4 brow tine unit, which I’m not wild about but it’s getting harder to find a 3 tine or any bull unit. Hopefully I’ll see one of the unmistakable over 50” bulls to make that an easy decision.

Dad has no interest in shooting a moose, he’ll buy a wolf tag just in case. I think my trip would be a success if he got one even if I don’t get a chance at a bull.

I bought a couple new pack rods and we’ll both pick up a fishing license. Hopefully we can catch plenty of grayling for suppers.

Good news is our transporter has a very high success rate, he only flys 3 pairs moose hunters a year. So maybe we can keep up the good work.

Less than two weeks until we’re wheels up. Anybody else going?