Well, my moose hunting was short lived...I was able to harvest this nice bull on the second morning I was up. I was by myself and the days got hot quick so I was fortunate to find this bull just a couple hundred yards away from where I could get a truck too. 265 yard shot with the old 7 mag and a 150 scenar. Center punched the lungs - he took 5 steps and tumble over. For the next 4 hours, I have never worked so hard in my life. I shot him around 7 am...I had the 4 quarters off, backstraps and tenderloins out, and the head off by 9:45 ish. By that time, a couple friends I had called made it up to me from town. We got the meat packed in the truck and cruised into town to get the meat hanging in a meat locker by noon...It was a whirlwind of a day, but man what an awesome experience.

The only crappy thing being by myself - I didn't get the best pics as all I could do is try to position my phone on my pack, but none the less, I loved every minute of it. He taped out at 36.5" at widest point and mostly still in Velvet.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]