Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I have shot moose with a bunch of different CF bullet/cartridge combinations from 270 with 130gr Speer to 375AI with 270gr X bullets, including two Whelen AIs and a regular Whelen. Years ago I settled on a 30-06 and light TTSXs. My first moose died from a 22LR behind the ear.

The last thing to worry about is the cartridge. The first thing is the bullet, closely followed by placement.
I've killed two Montana Shiras moose. Each died quickly from a 180 grain Partition from my .30 Gibbs.

I had a friend and my two horses to pack out my first Bull, but only my horses to pack out the second bull. Those hunts were also 30+ years ago.

Several years ago I went on a Newfoundland Moose and Caribou hunt. The rifle that I took was my 7 mm RM with 160 grain Accubond bullets. Unfortunaly the only Moose that we say that I might have shot was not in my Moose area. The bulls that we saw in my Moose area I thought were too small to shoot. We didn't see a single Caribou.

Last year I had a Moose and Brown Bear hunt booked in Alaska. I shot my Brown Bear the first morning, but we didn't see any moose.

This year I have a Moose hunt booked in Northern Alberta, but Canada still has that stupid Vax requirement for Americans entering Canada, so my outfitter agreed to pospone my hunt to next year.

Last edited by buffybr; 08/26/22.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member