Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
I’ve killed Whitetails, pigs and ‘yotes with 75gr Amaxes from a 22-250 at 3200. It was the proverbial lightning bolt. Having a 22GT barrel spun up. Will start with 88gr ELDs in that.

John
John,

What twist did you go with on the .22 GT? I'm thinking 6.5T 5R 0.219"-bore for my next .223 that'll shoot 88s.

Went with a 7” twist .219 bore. Couldn’t find a Bartlein, Krieger, or Brux anywhere so went with an Osprey Barrel Works from Patriot Valley. Pretty new, but seem to be establishing a good reputation. I have read so much about the 88gr ELDs grenading in flight that I considered a slower twist but then you have marginal stabilization. I’m going 20” barrel to make things a little handier with a can, so should be looking at 3000 to 3100 fps. Hopefully the RPMs will be low enough to let things hold together.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14