Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
I’ve killed Whitetails, pigs and ‘yotes with 75gr Amaxes from a 22-250 at 3200. It was the proverbial lightning bolt. Having a 22GT barrel spun up. Will start with 88gr ELDs in that.

John

Should be a bad azzed rifle right there. I have a lot more respect for the .22 cal, since shooting it out past 600. Was shooting some 69gr SMK out of one of my new AR uppers just a little while ago and that thing is boringly accurate at 400 yards. I need to take my new Tikka 1 in 8 22-250 out more often. Waiting for the range to be extended to 1,000 yards here locally, then I'll start wearing out some barrels. Been shooting with some guys running 6GT's and those things are lightning bolts, if there ever was one. That 22GT probably in the same boat.

Considered the .22 Creedmoor but barrel life is reported to be pretty short. Sounds like guys are getting a little more life out of the .22GT without much loss in performance.

My best load in my 8” twist 22-250 Criterion barrel was R15 pushing 75gr Amaxes to 3200. The numbers said my 6.5x47 should have been better in the wind, but if it was, I couldn’t tell it. With that 22-250, I shot more than one 3” five shot group at 700 yards. I think that was the easiest rifle to hit with I have ever shot.

John
I believe it man. I've seen the same crap with my creedmoor vs my 22-250 at 600 yards. Hard to explain why the 22 cals shoot like that. Good choice on the gt. I look forward to hearing more about it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA