Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Let's see, the arguments against RDS on a carry pistol that I am aware of are.....

1: RDS is slower
2: Pistols with RDS are harder to conceal
3: A lack of affordable or compatible holsters
4: Dust/fog/rain
5: Unreliability of electronics

I resisted the RDS for a long time, waiting for reliability history to shake out. At the same time, my eyes have aged. The two curves intersecting, I gave it a serious try on a serious carry pistol, and found that my speed and accuracy improved almost immediately. Argument #1 debunked. Next, I went searching for a compatible holster that would allow effective concealment, and found plenty available at reasonable cost. Arguments #2 and #3 debunked.

I dismiss #4 because we've all managed to avoid and/or work around the same issues with optics on long guns. #5 remains a question for certain models but not so much for others.

I'm transitioning to optics on everything that is designed to accept them effectively. I think if you take your role as a defender of loved ones seriously, you should be grabbing every advantage you can. You guys who are determined to remain in the past are on your own.

For an average shooter, with poor or declining eyesight, it will probably help..

That would describe me, but I notice that a huge percentage of top shooters with young eyes are using red dots.

The sign of the times for sure. A lot of younger people don't know how to use iron sights.. I'm not against using a red dot sight. They are cool, but just an extra un needed gadget that I don't need on a cc yet.. When my eyes go to schidt, that may change. Thankfully I can still see the irons on pistols with my right eye pretty well.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA