Originally Posted by fburgtx
Do you think her first thoughts, when this guy pulled over and started yelling at her, at 4:30 in the morning, were:

“Hey! I bet this guy enjoys camping, traveling to antique shops, collecting old tools/pocket knives/Americana! He probably has a degree in accounting, and volunteers at the local Baptist church, when he’s not working/helping his kids with homework/maintaining his home and lawn! He’s just like all my other friends! I’m no racist!”

Or:

“Oh schidt! Maybe my offensive redneck uncle WAS right...”

Not trying to make fun, but just stating something that’s not “popular”, but still true.

There ARE predators out there. They look for sex and money. Despite what TV or comic-book movies show these days, the average 5’3” 125lb woman is NOT going to fight off the average 5’10” 180lb man. Yes, you have the “right”, “as a woman”, to dress how you want or go where you want or do what you want, at least, until the rules of “nature” or “the jungle” come into play. At that point, the strong will prevail.

Common sense says this woman would have been better served staying in her home, exercising on a Peloton, rather than running around ALONE, at 430am, in a public park, in one of the more dangerous cities in the USA.

This lady bought into a LIE, and unfortunately, paid the price.

But...But...you just don't understand, Women are empowered now.

luv2safari
Campfire Oracle

Here Or There
Originally Posted by slumlord
Can’t tell a womern nothin

My Reply:

It in a nutshell.

They deserve to be safe.

It's their right.

They're empowered.

They're self-made victims, is what too many are anymore.

Hunt with Class and Classics

“I have more promises than a vestal virgin, less time than a parking meter and less results than a sterile sire.”

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”