Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Why does the news alerts keep noting she’s some rich dead dudes grand daughter?

Why does that matter?

Because often that's the motive for a kidnapping if they're the scion of a rich family, to extort money from the family. It's looking now like that isn't the case here though, the guy in custody looks to be just your standard issue Memphis thug who just got out of prison for another kidnapping 20 years ago.

I work in Memphis but don't live there. I've been in Memphis for training the last couple of months and have a corporate apartment rented about a half mile from where this lady lived. It's in a nice apartment building but since I've been there we have had two nights where thugs went through the parking lot knocking the windows out of cars, fortunately mine hasn't been one of those hit. There are a lot of nice homes near me, it's the old money section of Memphis but it's still Memphis and you've always got a ghetto within a couple of blocks no matter where you are. It's incredible the amount of thuggery there, you can't let your guard down for a second. The whole city has video surveillance cameras with flashing blue lights on them going all night long, it looks like you're in a scene from Terminator or something. I'm sure these cameras are how they got the footage of this guy kidnapping her.

The city is just a festering schithole, America would be better off if the whole place was bulldozed to the ground.