Originally Posted by memtb
A shooter would need to be extremely skilled to bring the 44 mag or the 45 LC into play at 200 to 250 yards. Not saying it can’t be done…..merely exponentially adds to the degree of difficulty! JMO memtb

Back when I was playing the IHMSA game, 200 meter shots with a .44 mag revolver got to be a casual affair. I usually competed with a Dan Wesson 8 3/8" barrel. Just for kicks I would sometimes use a 5.5" Ruger Blawkhawk .44 mag using Elmer's load of 22 grains of 2400 and a hardcast Lyman 429421 that I made from quenched cast straight wheelwright alloy.

Offhand, it's a pretty good trick to place shots beyond 100 yards with a .44 mag revolver. But if you play with one enough for Zen to get involved, 200 yard shots can get very ordinary if there's something nearby to rest the revolver on.

One suggestion. Take the grip frame screws out one at a time, clean everything up with acetone, then reinstall them with red lock tight. Those grip frame screws will loosen up and accuracy goes to schitt as a result.

A two pound trigger helps quite a bit too..