Mackay, I appreciate you sharing your expertise in building high end ammo and emphasizing the brain power needed to harness it. As well you seem to know enough about Glocks to critique when necessary. But enough pablum. I shoot primarily jacketed bullets but will most likely load some of the 170gr poly coated bullets you mention for my son. He’s in the Cali high country and does outback treks for dudes and dudesses in the summer. Should he run into a cougar or black bear looking to expand their diet the 170 SWC appears to be a good defensive bullet. Not to mention the possibility of a grizzly on summer vacation.

I load the .40 mostly with PowerPistol as close to max as I can without getting the smile. Most of my loads now are the 165gr Montana Gold HP at 1/10 gr below max. With these bullets at those specs, and the 170 SWC at velocity determined by the smile criteria would you consider a stock spring sufficient, or would you go heavier. Say, to the 20 or 22 lb. His pistol is a Gen 2 G22 and I shoot a Gen 2 G23. Thx

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."