Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Their response stating that they replaced the frame due to it being cracked seems like a well crafted corporate answer, designed to protect themselves. I can understand that. With that said, the fact is that they are taking back a product and replacing a frame that is likely 30 years old at their expense. Not many commercial companies would be willing to do that, especially considering it could have been owned by multiple people and who knows what it's service life has been.

It is hard to complain about their customer service as I have found Glock to be an outstanding company when it comes to how they treat people. I understand about the finger grooves. For some the work, and others they don't but it is not a hard fix and there are a bunch of tutorials online about how to eliminate/modify them to a person's liking. I smoothed the finger grooves down on my old G19.3 years ago and while it may not look perfect it is certainly functional, which is what I care about, as I view them as a very high quality practical tool.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You're lucky to be living where you are. Cracked frame on the plastic lugs where the slide hits on my Gen 2 Glock 23 frame and I can't even get the Canadian Glock Rep to even respond in a timely fashion to my concern about shooting it - let alone offer to inspect it. I've since sent pictures but still no reply so I guess I'm SOL. All this after <5000 rounds.

Glock Warranty Service is S*** up here in Canada. My next new pistol (if there is a next time given our laws) will NOT be a
Glock - Fug em.

Maybe they're OK for the 9mm but the 40 cal is too much.

Signed - Ex Glock Fan

Last edited by PSE; 09/19/22. Reason: Accuracy