I haven't been on this thread for a while. I see there have been many attempts to find cause based on any number of reasons. A few comments if I may. I worked for a large police department for over 20 years. I was factory trained Glock armored. I have fired over 30,000 rounds thru Glock pistols. I've never seen a situation like mine before either.
My loads were with virgin factory primed Federal cases. I weighed EVERY charge on my very accurate digital scale (.01 grain accuracy). I used coated bullets that were designed for this use. There was/is no leading in the barrel. I loaded enough to test fire 3 full magazines and a 100 rounds for my use. I had not fired a single loaded round since this initial testing back in April. The gun let go on the second round from this magazine. I had a 20 pound Wolff spring in it. On closer inspection the frame is cracked from the mag release through the trigger guard. I'll send it back to Glock for a new frame. I'm not sure what went wrong. Maybe all my loads were too hot and this was inevitable.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.