I'm just without a true opinion due to my lack of knowledge about the land, waterways, and possible regulations in place for Halibut Cove.

I refuse to make assumptions based on superficial understanding when it comes to a individuals or a communities rights.

Property rights are a big thing for me, I'll respect yours and expect the same in return.

I've been through a couple of cases in Alaska where 'tide lands' and landowners rights were disputed, one in particular where millions of dollars were at stake and litigation went on for a couple years.

The outcome was far from what I'd have ever thought possible.
Land owner rights to mean low water and mean low low water can vary for a lot of reasons from how deeds were worded to the date acquired.

I don't know all of what's needed to come to conclusion.

What I do know is this.

Clem Tillion purchased the lands surrounding Halibut Cove in 1948, Alaska became a state in 1959, prior to '59 Alaska was a territory.

Could there be a difference in what we know to be 'state lands' and the rules that govern it just due to this alone?

Idunno

Clem Tillion was also a Alaskan State politician for 13 years.

If he was much like any politician we know today, he used his politcal tenure to the best of his advantage to better himself and his personal interests.

That makes it a real wildcard for me at guessing at what his real estate holdings might include for special rights and provisions.

Just looking at his home in Halibut Bay makes me think he probably entertained every political figure in the state there at one time or another. Lots of influence gained drinking cocktails and fishing with the right entities.

I'm sure he'd of gotten everything he wanted and more for his little Cove.

[Linked Image from andywolcottphotography.com]

I'm not condoning her actions but I'm also not condemning them.

And no, I don't know that she doesn't own the bay.