Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by johnn
Comparing boating for Herring or Salmon fishing to HC is a bit of a stretch. Fishing boat captains and crew know and intentionally undertake those activities and all assume the risk. Any issues are likely settled between them.

I am sure the CG gets involved if there is a injury.

Regarding the "noise" ordinance, I wonder if that is merely imposed by the lodge or if there is actually some governing body that potentially enforces or oversees compliance?

Due to location its not simple to get a authority to respond, regardless of that its not ok to take matters into ones own hands. Has dimwit filed complaints on the or other pilots in the past?

From where I sit, she potentially and intentionally endangered others.
The other stuff about fishing was not the issue, just the ordinance.

The quiet ordinance was developed by all the landowners. The Lodge is trying to ignore it.

I would think the defense would ask the pilot a million times on the stand why he lied to everybody and had no idea what the problem was. They should then ask the Troopers why they failed to act on his lying to them.

Ok, so he lied. Does that make him responsible for endangering his passengers or wacko in the boat?
The fact he lied and broke some "ordinance" does not give her the right to take matters into her own hands. Even if she had exhausted every legal avenue available. I don't think a court would see it any other way...
Do you?

I only have third hand info, but authorities refused to do anything, apparently. I am no fan of either side and have no dog in the fight. To me I expect the court to look a little deeper and drop the charges as a petty spat between idiots...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.