Originally Posted by GAGoober
Sounds like Win 70 XTR’s and other Model 70’s have quite a few magazine / feeding issues. Rounds not feeding properly or rounds ejecting from the magazine box as the bolt is worked open. Pretty much sux having a bolt action rifle that will not properly chamber the next round from the magazine or just ejects it from the magazine. I would think a Gunsmith could fix this.

From 2 posts, you garner that information? I have had many XTR's and other models 70's, from pre 64's to Classics and BACO's and none of them have had any feeding issues. I have heard Redneck try to walk people through this issue though, so it does happen from time to time. The one rifle I have been working on recently is a really nice XTR sporter 300WBY. Put it in its new stock, glass bedded it, installed a red pachmayr and will shoot it soon. That rifle is new to me, but it worked great in the original wood stock. No issues at all, even though it houses a big weatherby magnum cartridge. I keep checking to see if Redneck responds to the op on this one. I'm hoping the OP gets this thing figured out. Good luck with it!!!
Originally Posted by Technoman26
Although I agree this is a PIA, I've had (and still have) several M70 XTRs and post-64 push feed rifles. These are some of the best m70s I've owned. The only one that ever had a feeding issue was one that started life as a 270 that I rebarreled to 7x57 with a Douglas barrel. Anyway, it simply needed the correct mag box. In it's donor form it was fine (fed and functioned as it should). If you're around more of these rifles I think you'll find the feeding issue you described to be rare. Those XTRs are generally excellent rifles and some of the better rifles Winchester produced post-64 until the early CRF Classics came out. I'm sure your gunsmith will get it sorted pretty easily.

I agree. I really like the XTR's as well. I generally really like the fwt model 70's, but some of the XTR Sporters are pretty nice as well.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA