Originally Posted by GAGoober
Thanks for everyone’s responses. Like you guys I also love my XTR FWT’s. I have 4 of them ( 243, two 7x57’s & the recently acquired 257). I also have a 5Digit Stainless Classic 30/06 (Walnut FWT) that I love. The 243, 7mm Mausers & 06 have performed flawlessly. The 257 feeding problem along with 99guy’s info got me to thinking this could be a more common issue. Obviously Redneck’s reply that everything in the Mag box, spring and follower need to work in harmony is exactly right. Something is not quite in harmony and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Gunsmith will sort it out. He is very experienced / respected and worked in a major gun shop down here for many years. Thanks for all the feedback. I am looking forward to getting it back soon so I can break it in on some of our “Rebel” Deer down here in GA. I will give an update on the rifle after I get it back. Thanks again.

Hopefully it is an easy fix and he has it running like a well oiled machine, like all the ones I've had experience with. I grew up using CRF, so I've bad mouthed the push feed rifles quite a bit back in my younger days. They never seemed to be quite as positive feeding as the CRF's. Until I tried the model 70 XTR's. Well, and Tikka's of course. They changed my mind. Otherwise I wouldn't be working on that big boomer 300wby XTR. I feel it is worth it though. Let us know how your rifle turns out. Thanks.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA