I have a few rifles on FN actions, mostly J.C. Higgins M50s that were planned to be rebarreled and made into customs. One was gifted to me by a late friend and it's been well used. It now sits in a Butler Creek stock, the origin custom stock being broken in a bad fall. I should put it in a proper stock similar toe the custom stock my friend made.
I also have a couple of commercial FNs and one Husqvarna M640 that really needs to be put in a proper stock and not the cobbled one I used to test fire the rifle. Thanks to circumstances that test firing is yet to be done.
One commercial FN I got has a thin 24" soda straw barrel. Action looks like a 400 but may be a supreme, I just don't know. I picked it up in 1973 for $75.00.Don't know how I fell into that deal but it was new in the box and unfired. It's one accurate rifle for three shots, then that slim barrel starts to walk. Interesting thing s the factory stock is not walnut but some kind of light weight wood. Maybe birch or beech but definitely not walnut. Rollover cheek piece and definitely a Weatherby style influence for sure. Estimate weight, 6.5 pounds without scope and 7.5 pounds with scope. When I look at that stock, I cannot help but think of the word from that immortal Jack O'Connor. "That stock is so ugly it would abort a lady crocodile." I think it truly would.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE