^That was pretty much my philosophy too. If you find something you need, and at a good price, get it.

History has taught me that it's only going to increase in price, and be less available. So even if you pay up a little more for it now than you like, in 10 years from now, you'll kick yourself for not buying more of it "back in the good old days" when you could.

Example: When Remington was going through their bankruptcy, I bought the last 5 or 6 bags of SP16 wads they had when it went on clearance from midway or brownells at about $7.99 bag/250.

*Not long thereafter, Remington was no more, and so were the wads altogether. Sadly, you can't hardly buy them at any cost now because they're not being made anymore. Thankfully though, other places have stepped up.

I know that demand is higher right now because many small game seasons are in (or coming in soon). So prices are going to be a little higher this time of year. But I would never suggest that you wait to buy something that is in stock now in fear that it will go out of stock if it's something you need. Even if you have to pay up a little more if you're just starting out just to have some. Everyone has to start somewhere. And better to pay a little more and have it, than to not have it.

But, between black friday and before tax season when ammo sales are historically the lowest sales and least demand, that's often when you'll find your best deals when stuff starts getting marked down and put on clearance. So keep that in mind when making your Christmas list to Santa.

Also, call around to all your local gun stores and box stores that sell ammo and ask them if they have any. You may hit the jackpot.

I had also noticed something you said in your original post. You said you were looking for "high brass" shells. Ok. Nothing wrong with that. But is there a specific reason for high brass only? I ask because I'm not sure if you are aware, but you can use low brass hulls and still use them for your high brass loads and charges just the same. Or, vice versa. You can also use your high brass hulls and make weak handicap loads with them too. But unless you just want high brass shells to start with, it doesn't matter which you have when you start making your own.