Got off a train in Xian China in 2004 and a big wig CCP member walked up to me and said I know you. You helped me in Hawaii in 1999. I lived in Hawaii in 1999 but didn't remember it. He said he was taking his only child, his daughter, there to go to university. He said he was very worried about his daughter going to an American school and very fearful about America boys being around his daughter. He said I helped his family find their way around campus and I was very kind to him and made him worry much less.

He took me to dinner later that week with what was equivalent of the governor of that province. We had a great conversation and they told me openly about the 50 year plan and how they were determined to overtake the US first economicly by 2020 and to have a stronger military than us by 2030. They took me to their economic development area where the building was astonishing. Large buildings going up 12 at a time of 1 floor plan 10 of another etc.

It was going pretty well until one of them pulled me aside and said I made a mistake at dinner and offended the governor or whatever his title was. We were eating dumplings and they had about 20 different kinds on a rotating thing in the center of a large table. I knew I was supposed to let him go first but I didn't realize that applied to each plate. If he hadn't taken a certain type of dumpling yet I wasn't supposed to either. They had one plate of them that were folded to look just like little ducks. I grabbed one before he did. They told me it showed I was of low class. I said where I come from low class is making your guests feel uncomfortable. It got a little awkward towards the end.

Bb