Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by EdM
I picked up a new 84L Subalpine 30-06 yesterday and am wondering if there are any alternatives to Talley LW's. I do not want a rail. TIA.

I'd go with Talley LW. I haven't broken any yet. There are possibly stronger options but those are generally steel and I see no point in going with a high dollar rifle to cut weight, then using heavier steel when lighter aluminum parts that work well are available. Counter-productive. Then again, I don't put a 30 mm hubble-esque scope on my UL rifle either, rather, I use set-it-and-forget-it scopes that come in between 11 and 15 ounces on my Kimbers.

These days, I save steel mounts/rings and 1.5 to 2 pound scopes for 10 pound rifles.

Others' mileage may vary ...

You'll have a change of heart when you get a Talley lightweight crack on you. Good luck with them.. If you don't shoot much, they will probably work out alright, but if you use it you'll eventually find yourself schidt out of luck..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA