Looking to buy a set for an upcoming hunt and for future use, and would like to ask for opinions for those with experience using them. My experience with SS is limited to just one trip for plains game, and as one might expect, the sticks the tracker/PH carried in Botswana were made from ~6' lengths of some local wood and rubber rings/belts securing the three legs together near the top. Obviously not a commercial product. wink That primitive unit had three legs, was adjustable for height by means of either splaying apart or pushing the legs together. I thought it looked a bit cumbersome, but it worked just fine. Not exactly rock solid and didn't have the ability to pivot without moving legs, but again, it worked fine.

I see that commercial ones are available in 3 legs, 2 and some one leg versions, which I don't think is what I want. I think I like the 3 legs, just in terms of stability and the ability for it to stand by itself if needed, but maybe there are benefits to the 2 leggers I'm not considering. I've been looking at quite a few makes and models online, and in several online ratings--for what they may or may not be worth-- they rate the Primos Hunter Gen 3 Trigger Stick (3 legs) as the winner for 2022. Any advice very much appreciated. Any pros vs cons as far as features welcome too.

TIA.