Thanks for the input, folks. If I understand correctly, the odds are that we'll be hunting relatively flat land, with lots of agricultural areas likey to hold what we're after. Part of my leaning toward a tripod style is my thinking that if we see a target, I'd like to be able to set the tripod up, and not have to worry about having only one hand free for things like a rangefinder and binos. Odds are that the shot(s) will be taken standing or on a knee. There won't be any blind or seat available. As such, I figure I want as solid a rest I can get. What I don't want is to be fighting a bounce. I'll likely be as nervous as a cat as it is. wink

Mr. CG, that helps. Does that tripod rig easily and quickly clamp onto the forend of your rifles? It sure looks solid. How heavy is it, and how fast is it to set up with, you figure? I assume the head tilts and swivels? Can you adjust the force needed to do same? Is that also a Bog Pod product?

Barry, that's some nice shooting and some nice looking gear. Wow. I'm pretty sure I'd be hauled off in chains for possessing one of those here. If caught, that is. wink Appreciate your advice.

Geno, thanks bud. Only going to get one shot at this. Can never even apply again for this tag in this lifetime.

Roger, your advice for two legs is based on what exactly, please? wink lol fuggin' guy!