Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This was my good friend and legend Alex Vedrinski. He beat Preston Pitman in a couple gobbling championships. Made it on the Regis and Cathy Lee show. The guy was the best natured and funny guy you could ever meet. He hunted with my family for many years. Eventually started a call company Chestnut Ridge Calls. He could also skin a muskrat in under 60 seconds. He’s a legend to me. Miss him!

I knew Alex (and Rick) VERY well.

Alex was a GREAT guy and a grade-A doofball. Gone way too soon.................

That's cool that you knew him, Yoder. I never really knew Rick, though it seems he's carrying on well. It's funny Alex never brought Rick to hunt with us. I knew Alex since I started hunting. He's really the one responsible for getting me going turkey hunting and using mouth calls. I recall he wasn't much on friction calls and regalia. He used to say, I only carry two calls, one in a pocket and one in my mouth. And the one in my pocket is just in case I lose the one in my mouth.

I remember when he started making diaphram calls, and selling some. He said he'd go to the pharmacy and buy condoms by the case. He said after the 3rd time or so in as many weeks, they kinda started to look at him a little differently.... He said, be careful, though. You want to make sure you get the UN-lubricated ones. For a big guy, he could sure cover a lot of ground. I don't think I ever saw him without a smile on his face. A grade-A doofball he certainly was.