Originally Posted by battue
One day at a racquet ball court this guy asked if I wanted to play. Said yes, and we played 3 or 4 games. He was new at the game and I beat him. He then asked if we could play again and I said sure. He was cut built and athletic. The next time I started to think where do I know this guy? Beat him again and he asked to play again. Eventually his name clicked and I knew who he was. Short story was he kept getting better quick and eventually beat me. He said "Finally, how about a beer to celebrate?"

So we had a couple and talked some. He finally asked, "Do you know who I am?" I replied yes. Then he mentioned, "I go out to dinner or on the town, and often wish I could just relax without people coming up to me. And after you said nothing for a month or so, it resulted in something different. I was worrying that I wasn't that well known." I said, I figured if you wanted to let me know you would have mentioned it. He just shook his head and laughed.

The guy was a well known starter for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Back in the day.........there was a local redneck bar/dance hall that a bunch of the Steelers would frequent because they didn't get mobbed when they were 50 miles out in the boonies like they did closer the city. A couple of them hunted ducks on the same beaver pond as me, too. One in particular, was actually a deputy game warden in my county and a friend of a friend. First time I met him, I couldn't believe his size. He was a skinny little dude !!! Kinda shattered all the stories I'd heard about how badazz he was.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.