Originally Posted by Rickshaw
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
Originally Posted by Yoder409
He and Rick's Chestnut Ridge booth (and Bill and Deb Zearing's) was almost always within one or two spaces of ours at shows and the NWTF Convention. So you get to know people pretty well year after year after year. Alex and Rick gave me quite a bunch of their calls over the years. I always enjoyed watching Alex in the NWTF gobbling contest.

Did you like his turkey beard he made from frayed bailer twine? Funny, this thread got me thinking about him. Didn't sleep half the night. So many guys I miss from the old days.....

Yeah. He wore that thing around...........looked like a horse's tail !!!!! LOL !!!!!!

A local guy was all worried because he lost the plastic factory beard from his turkey decoy (that's a story in itself). So I made him a baler twine beard ala Alex only a whole lot smaller. grin

Alex had a turkey suit, too. Wore it at the gobbling contest at least once.

Yeah, he wore that on the Regis and Cathy lee show. Imagine on national TV.... He looked like a giant butterball.

Yeah. He was a bit bigger guy than me. He looked like a total doof in that suit..........and smiled like a Chessie cat the whole time !!!

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.